Cancer is a chronic disease & affects patients of all age groups, more in later age of life. In spite of medical advances, exact cause of Cancer is yet to be clearly understood.
Though Cancer is not directly mentioned in Ayurvedic Texts, various types of Cancer can be co-related with different diseases mentioned in Ayurvedic texts such as Dushta Vrana, Dushta Granthi, Dushta Arbuda, Dhatupaka Avastha etc.
According to global statistics more than 14 million people across the world are affected by cancer and 75% are in advanced stage. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally. In India, it is estimated that 14.5 lakh people are living with the disease, with over 7 lakh new cases being registered every year.
Considering the rising statistics of cancer and the severe side effects of conventional treatment especially Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy there is a need for alternative medicines to minimize these side effects. These conventional treatments not only hamper the quality of life of patients but also reduces their immunity. There is also a fear of recurrence in certain types of cancer. Therefore there is a need of integrated approach to treat cancer patients; hence the Ayurvedic treatment at Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Centre was initiated with certain aims like:
- Treating various types of Cancers at various stages with adjunct Ayurvedic Treatment.
- Improving quality of life of cancer patients.
- Controlling early and late Cancer recurrence and metastasis by increasing immunity of patients.
- Reducing side effects of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
- Increasing life expectancy.
- Diagnosing Cancer from Ayurvedic perspective and determining its risk factors for curative and preventive purpose.