Cancer is a chronic disease & affects patients of all age groups, more in later age of life. Inspite of medical advances, exact cause of Cancer is yet to be clearly understood.
Though Cancer is not directly mentioned in Ayurvedic Texts, various types of Cancer can be co-related with different diseases in Ayurvedic texts such as Dushta Vrana, Dushta Granthi, Dushta Arbuda, Dhatupaka Avastha etc.
Considering the rising statistics of Cancer & need of Ayurvedic treatment along with conventional treatment, our ‘Cancer Research Project’ aims at –
- Diagnosing Cancer from the Ayurvedic point of view.
- Evaluation of Ayurvedic treatment in various types of cancers at various stages.
- Controlling progression of the disease and avoiding early and late recurrence.
- Increasing the immunity of the patients.
- Improving quality of life by relieving the symptoms.
- Reducing side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Increasing life expectancy.
- Finding causative factors of cancer for curative and preventive purposes.