Name : Dr. Shweta Rakesh Gujar
Qualification : Assistant Director, Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Center, Wagholi, Pune
Educational Qualification: Degrees obtained (Begin with Bachelor’s Degree)
Degree Institution Field(s) Year
|M.D.||2003||Pass||( Ayurved Kayachikitsa)||Mumbai|
Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Center (ICTRC), Wagholi, Pune
- Research Fellow, Cancer Research Project – 2005 – 2011
- Assistant Director, ICTRC – 2011- till date
Particulars of work done
- Clinical experience –
- Documentation and treatment of cancer patients of various sites, stages and grades with Ayurved under the guidance of Dr. S. P. Sardeshmukh, Ayurvedic physician and Dr. Arvind Kulkarni, Radiation oncologist since 2005.
- Research experience –
- Presented various research papers in State level, National and International conferences on “Ayurved – Cancer”
- Invited to participate and present a 2 hour patient advocacy workshop on “Improving Quality of life & controlling Cancer recurrence of various types of Cancers with Ayurvedic Treatment” by 9th Society of Integrative Oncology (SIO) conference on 8th -10th October 2010 at Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Co-PI of a collaborative clinical trial between ICTRC, Wagholi and Sahyadri Hospital, Pune on Effectiveness of Ayurvedic medicine in reducing side effects of chemotherapy and improving Quality of life in Breast cancer patients.
- Experience in social medical field
- Organized various Cancer consultation and detection camps, exhibitions, lectures, awareness programs on Cancer and Ayurved at ICTRC.
- Organized seminars, workshops, CME, RoTP on “Cancer – Ayurved” at ICTRC.
- Organizing and scientific committee member of 4 International conferences of ICTRC on “Ayurved for Cancer”
(Major scientific fields of interest)
- Clinical research in the field of Cancer and Ayurved
Recent publications (last 5 years, with titles and references), also papers in press
- “Effectiveness of combinations of Ayurvedic drugs in alleviating drug toxicity and improving quality of life of cancer patients treated with chemotherapy” Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer, June 2014
Effectiveness of ayurvedic treatment in alleviating side-effects of radiotherapy in patients suffering from oropharyngeal cancer and its relationship with improvement in immune status of the host, J Clin Cell Immunol 2014, 5:5