Name : Dr. Sadanand Prabhakar Sardeshmukh
Designation : Director, Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Center, Wagholi, Pune
Educational Qualification : Degrees obtained (Begin with Bachelor’s Degree)
Degree Institution Field(s) Year.
Duration (From-To) Institution Particulars of work done.
Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Center (ICTRC), Wagholi, Pune
Director, Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Center – since 1994
Director, Ayurved Hospital and Research Center, Wagholi, Pune – since 1984
Particulars of work done
Cancer Research Project:
More than 12000 cancer patients of various types & stages are treated with Ayurvedic treatment at various centers viz. Pune, Mumbai, Solapur, Kolhapur, Nasik, New Delhi-Gurgaon. Scientific documentation of treated patients is done. Many research papers are presented in national and international conferences and published in Journals based on this documentation.
AIDS Research Project:
HIV/AIDS patients are treated with Ayurvedic treatment at Pune and Mumbai. Post Doctoral Research work (Ph.D.) was also conducted on this topic at Pune University under his guidance.
Fracture and delayed bone healing project:
This Project was initiated to establish the efficacy of Ayurvedic treatment in Fractures & Delayed Bone Healing as a supportive therapy.The project is carried out in joint venture with well–known Orthosurgeon Padmashree Dr. Sharad M. Hardikar, Director, Hardikar Hospital, Pune.
Co-I of a project – “Efficacy of Ayurvedic treatment as an adjuvant therapy for fracture treatment and delayed bone healing cases”. EMR project of Department of AYUSH was completed with collaboration of Dr. S. M. Hardikar, Sushrut Medical Care and Research Society, Pune in 1999 – 2000.
Paper presentation –
- Presented various research papers in State level, National and International conferences on “Ayurved – Cancer”
- Guided Researchers from Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Center to participate and present a 2 hour patient advocacy workshop on “Improving Quality of life & controlling Cancer recurrence of various types of Cancers with Ayurvedic Treatment” by 9th Society of Integrative Oncology (SIO) conference on 8th -10th October 2010 at Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Guided Researcher to participate and present in an invited presentation on Effectiveness of Ayurvedic treatment in alleviating side-effects of radiotherapy in patients suffering from oropharyngeal cancer and its relationship with improvement in immune status of the host in 3rd International conference on Clinical and Cellular Immunology (Immunology Summit- 2014) at Baltimore, USA on 29th September – 1st October 2014.
Collaborative Projects –
PI of a collaborative clinical trial between ICTRC, Wagholi and Sahyadri Hospital, Pune on “Effectiveness of Ayurvedic medicine in reducing side effects of chemotherapy and improving Quality of life in Breast cancer patients”.
Supportive Activities –
- Organized more than 250 Cancer consultation and detection camps, exhibitions, lectures, awareness programs on Cancer and Ayurved at ICTRC.
- Organized and conducted Free General Health Consultation Camps, Seasonal Panchakarma Camps, Blood Donation Camps, Family Planning Camps, Free Ophthalmic Consultation Camps & Free Squint Surgery Camps at various rural places since 1987.
- Organized seminars, workshops, CME, RoTP on “Cancer – Ayurved” at ICTRC.
- Organizing and scientific committee member of 4 International conferences of ICTRC on “Ayurved for Cancer”
- Author of Book – “Cancer – Ayurved”
- Wrote articles in newspapers, magazines, periodic on “Cancer-Ayurved”
- Other Experience (Apart from Research)
Duration (From-To) Institution Particulars of work done
Academic experience –
- Teaching experience of 41 years for Undergraduate (B.A.M.S.), Postgraduate (M.D.) & Post-Doctoral Research (Ph.D.) in Ayurved.
- 37 students have completed M.D. & 10 Researchers have completed Ph.D. research under his able guidance in Mumbai University, Pune University & Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nasik.
- Ex – Dean of Ayurved Faculty in Mumbai University & Ex-Principal of Ayurved College, Wagholi, Pune.
- Currently, Dean of Ayurved Faculty of Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune.
- Professor of Department of Basic Principles & Kayachikitsa (Medicine).
- Working as a Member of various Academic Committees.
- Member of Advisory Committee, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar.
- Committee Member, AUS Industry, Appointed by FDA, Government of India. USDA & EC (Organic Certified).
- Invited to deliver lectures & demonstrations for propagation of Ayurved for last 26 years in various countries like Australia, Japan, Germany Switzerland, Vienna, Slovenia, Holland, Italy and USA.
- Invited to conduct Ayurvedic courses at Ayurved Academy of Yoga In Daily Life, Vienna, Austria (2005 – 2012)
Ayurvedic consultant at Pune and Mumbai since 1971
Literature on Ayurved –
- Author of many books on Ayurved for propagation & awareness about Ayurved in society.
- Writer of various books like “Cancer – Ayurved” , “GhargutiAushadhopachar”, “AyurvediyaAharshaili” , “AyurvediyaArogyaSadhana”
- Also, published Research publications “Ashwasan-I”, “Ashwasan-II”, “Ashwasan-III” & “Ashwasan-IV” compiling Research papers in 4 International conferences on “Ayurved For Cancer”.
Ayurvedic Pharmaceuticals –
Director of Atharva Nature Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., and have developed pure & authentic herbal products with the help of modern technology. Production of these experience based herbal medicines in the Pharmacy is a unique contribution to the science of Ayurved.
Committee Member, AUS Industry, Appointed by FDA, Government of India. USDA & EC (Organic Certified).
(Major scientific fields of interest)
- Clinical research in the field of Cancer and Ayurved
- Clinical research in the field of HIV/AIDS and Ayurved
- Clinical research in the field of Delayed Bone healing.
- Literary research
Recent publications (last 5 years, with titles and references), also papers in press
- “Effectiveness of combinations of Ayurvedic drugs in alleviating drug toxicity and improving quality of life of cancer patients treated with chemotherapy” Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer, June 2014
- “Evaluation of WHO Clinical Staging and Opportunistic Infections in HIV +ve Patients Treated with Ayurvedic Treatment – Suvarna Bhasmadi Yoga & Guduchi Ksheerapaka” The Maharahtta, July 2014
Effectiveness of Ayurvedic treatment in alleviating side-effects of radiotherapy in patients suffering from Oropharyngeal cancer and its relationship with improvement in immune status of the host, J Clin Cell Immunol 2014, 5:5
1) “Sarvashri Award” 1999 by Special Executive Magistrate’s Society for Chikitsa Ratna (Mumbai).
2) “Life Time Achievement Award” 2001 by Pune District Education Association, College of Ayurved & Research Centre, Pradhikaran, Nigadi, Pune in 1st National conference on “Parad & Gandhak” on 10-3-2001.
3) “Vaidya Appashastri Datar Award” 2004 by Vaidya Appashastri Datar Panchbhautik Chikitsa Kendra, Sangali, Maharashtra.
4) “Ninad Award” 2004 by Ninad, Pune.
5) “Rashtriya Rattan Award” 2004 (Instituted in memory of Late Shri. Rajiv Gandhi) by Global Economic Council, New Delhi.
6) Indira Gandhi Sadbhavana Award – 2005 For outstanding individual achievement & distinguished services to the nation – by Global Economic Council, New Delhi.
7) Fellowship, Rashtriya Ayurved Vidyapeeth – Delhi – 2007
8) Maharshee Annasaheb Patwardhan Vaidyakiya Puraskar – 2007 by Vaidya Khadiwale Vaidyak Samshodhan Sanshta, Pune.
9) Sanman Chinha – 5th September 2007 by Vidya Sahakari Bank Ltd., Pune on the occasion of Shikshak Din (Teachers’ Day)
10) Fellowship – 2008, All India Sharir Research Institute, Lucknow – In recognition of the valuable contribution for the advancement of Science of Ayurved Sharir.
11) Arya Vaidyan P. V. Rama Varier Memorial Award – 2008 by Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, Coimbatore.
12) Late Dr. R. V. Waddekar Award from Kesari – 2009 For Academic & Research contribution in the field of Ayurved, in the hands of
Dr. Deepak Tilak, Honourable Vice Chancellor, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune on 14/10/2009.
13) Vidya Vyas Puraskar – 2012 byVidya Sahakari Bank, Pune.
14) Shree Siddhivinayak Sushrut Puraskar– 2014 by Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Mandir Nyas, Prabhadevi, Mumbai
15) Ayurved Ratna Puraskar – 2014 by Association of Management of Ayurvedic College of Maharashtra on 27/12/2014
16) Ayurved Parva – 2015, Prabha Ayurved Foundation (Maharashtra) on 11th October 2015.
17) Shatayushi Sarvotkrust Aarogya Seva Puraskar, by Dwarika Sangamnerkar Medical Foundation, Pune on 1st November 2015.
18) Ayurved Gaurav – Lifetime achievement award – 2015 by Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik, 11th October 2015.
19) Ayurved Bhushan – 2015 by Dr. Bhausaheb Padmavar Trust, Yewatmal.
20) IASTAM award 2015 -2016 by Indian Association for the Study of Traditional Asian Medicine, India on 4th January 2016.
21) Rugved Bhushan Puraskar – 2016 by Devasta Rugvedi Brahman Shikshnottejak Sanstha, Pune, 31st January 2016.
22) National Dhanwantri Ayurveda Award – 2017 by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, 17th 2017.
23) Special Ayurved Award – 2017 by United World Against Diabetes (UWAD), Pune, 14th 2017.
24) Maha Ayush Kamal Ratna Award (Lifetime Achievement Award) – 2018
25) Sadguru Shrisant Dnyaneshwar Maharaj Smruti Vidnyanacharya Puraskar – 2017-2018 by Shripad Seva Mandal, Pune, 11/03/2018,
26) Punyai Puraskar-2018 by Aamhi Punekar, 19/04/2018.
27) The DDI Award – 2018 by Zee 24Taas, 13/12/2018.