Cancer Research Project is being carried out in Ayurved Hospital & Research Project since 1994. More than 14000 Cancer patients are treated with complimentary Ayurvedic treatment in this project till date. With the experience of past research, it is observed that Ayurvedic treatment is found to be effective in improving quality of life, reducing sufferings, increasing life span & minimizing toxicities of Radiotherapy & Chemotherapy, if integrated with Modern Cancer Treatment.
“Integrated Cancer Treatment & Research Centre” is situated in the rural area of Wagholi, 20 Km. away from Pune city. Considering lack of such treatment facilities for Cancer in surrounding 400 km. area, I wish to provide Cancer Diagnostic facilities & Modern Cancer Therapies like Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy & Surgery in addition to our existing Ayurvedic Cancer treatment facilities under one roof. Cancer treatment is provided under the guidance of experts in respective field & in minimal charges i.e. 30 -40 % less charges. Research is the integral part of the Project. As a first step of this project, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India has given our Cancer Centre, Grant – In – Aid of Rs. 1,75,00,000 /- for purchase of Cobalt Radiotherapy Machine.
Department of AYUSH, Government of India has given us Grant – In – Aid of Rs. 3,50,00,000 /- (Rs. Three Crore Fifty Lakh Only) for construction of “Integrated Cancer Treatment & Research Centre” at Wagholi. Sir Dorabji Tata Trust has also given us Grant – In – Aid for up gradation of Cancer Panchakarma Hospital.
FACILITIES AT A GLANCE :
- Modern Surgical Facilities
Well-equipped operation theatre & pre-operative & post-operative management is made available for Diagnostic & therapeutic surgeries by experienced Cancer surgeons.
- Modern Radiotherapy Department
- Latest advance technology of Radiation therapy for Cancer is available.
- The treatment is given under the guidance of expert oncologist.
- The department is co-ordinated by Dr. Arvind Kulkarni, Director Radiation Oncology Dept., Lady Ratan Tata Hospital; Ex-H.O.D., Radiation oncology Department of Bombay Hospital.
- Cancer Chemotherapy Department
- Cancer Chemotherapy are carried out under the supervision of expert chemotherapist.
- Cancer Diagnostic Department
- Cancer detection techniques like Histopathology, Tumour cytology, Tumour markers, Bloodchemistry are carried out in well-equipped laboratory.
- Diagnostic Radiology Department is furnished with the facilities of Digital X-Ray and Sonography.
- Other radiological detection techniques like CT-Scan, MRI, PET Scan, Mammography will be made available at trust’s Research Centre.
- Qualified & experienced Pathologists & Radiologists, Oncologists will be appointed for Cancer Diagnostic Unit.
- Cancer O. P. D.
- Cancer O. P. D. will be established separately in all three centres.
- Integrated approach will be kept in all OPDs.
- Detail comprehensive case papers & related documents of each patient will be maintained.
- Ayurvedic Unit
This unit will work in four departments.
- Diagnosis (Nidana) – This department will develop various diagnostic methods of various types of Cancers according to Ayurvedic principles.
- Treatment (Chikitsa) – Ayurvedic treatment will be given in the form of Shamana Chikitsa (Palliative treatment), Panchakarma Treatment & Rasayana Chikitsa (To enhance immunity).
- Ayurvedic Diet (Aahara) – Ayurvedic diet, which is suitable for the stage of the disease & prakriti of the patient, will be given with the guidance of Ayurvedic dietician.
- Pharmacy – The drugs / medicines used for Cancer patients in this project for Ayurvedic treatment will be prepared in Bharatiya Sanskriti Darshan Trust’s own pharmacy.
- Mind-Body Medicine Unit
- Results of Cancer Treatment are improved with proper attention to mind & body relationship.
- Yoga, Meditation, Pranayam etc. will be taught to the patient to serve this purpose.
- Group therapy & Psychotherapy for patients & relatives will also be given for building their confidence in this counseling unit.
- Terminal Care Unit
- A separately located terminal care unit for advanced Cancer patients is also being proposed.
- Identification of different problems of these patients will be done.
- Nursing care & symptomatic treatment will be provided.
- Assistance in their daily activities will be provided.
- Medical & para-medical staff in this unit will be trained to enable them to deal with Cancer patients & their relatives.
- Hostel for ambulatory Cancer patients & their relatives
- Outstation patients who are under Radiation or/& Chemotherapy need to stay during the treatment period. For the convenience of such patients and their relatives we wish to build a hostel.
- Community Education Programme
- Various target groups are identified.
- Community education is given for prevention of Cancer & early detection of Cancer.
- Disseminations of information on Cancer preventions through brochures, booklets, leaflets, charts, audio-video cassettes is provided.
- CME Programme
- CME Programme are organised on various topics related to Cancer prevention & treatment for general practitioners, research workers & other physicians.